WeLab is a leading fintech company in Asia, which operates one of first licensed digital banks in Asia – WeLab Bank, as well as multiple leading online financial services businesses including WeLend and WeLab Bank in Hong Kong, WeLab Digital (我来数科), Taoxinji (淘新机), Wallet Gugu (钱夹谷谷) and Tianmian Tech (天冕科技) in Mainland China and Maucash in Indonesia. WeLab aims to bring joy to everyone’s financial journey. We strive to improve people’s lives by reinventing financial services through game-changing technology. We put our people first, whether it’s our customers or our employees.
As the only homegrown Hong Kong fintech to receive a virtual banking license, we aim to reinvent and redefine the banking experience by building a bank we love.
We are an energetic and passionate team that can deliver and execute. We are looking for other intellectually curious, open-minded and smart-working individuals who are just as passionate as we are about making financial services enjoyable. Now you have the opportunity to join us on our journey to achieve our vision and be part of building a better financial future for everyone.
- You're a go-getter with mad juggling skills (or multiple hats) who can thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
- You have a strong thirst for knowledge and are driven to find solutions that don't exist yet
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and extremely resourceful (in your past life you could've been a detective)
- You always find a way to get things done without sacrificing the quality of your work, integrity and values. No task is off limits for you.
- You are humble and prioritize the success of the team over your own with an eagerness to help those around you
- You don't shy away from challenges and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks
About this role:
WeLab Bank - Banking Talent Programme is a 6-month program, sponsored by the HKMA and starting from 1 September 2021 to 28 February 2022 for highly motivated recent university graduates who are looking to build their career in one of the first virtual banks established in HK.
During the 6 months, you will have work rotations in two departments: Legal and Compliance. There, you will be given the opportunity to learn from and assist our legal counsel and compliance managers in their day-to-day jobs.
You will also be provided with in-house training and training organised by HKMA in collaboration with the Hong Kong Academy of Finance, the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and other relevant bodies and reputable market practitioners.
What you’ll do and what success looks like in this role
- Assist Legal in reviewing and proofreading documents/contracts
- Assist in handling of the Bank’s Intellectual Property matters (e.g. filing applications, managing deadlines, managing portfolio)Legal
- Financial Crime Compliance
- Provide support on transaction monitoring and report preparation
- Assist to conduct fraud investigation
- Assist to conduct AML Compliance review/ testing
- Hone Your Professional Skills: You will develop your professional skills in your area of specialty through focused stream experience. This hands-on experience and training will empower you to grow your future in your area of interest in the fintech industry.
- Tailored mentorship: Discover your potential and build your career with the support of visionary mentors with extensive industry experiences.
- Network Exposures: Become our ambassador, representing WeLab, the Hong Kong’s home-grown fintech unicorn in the fintech scene.
What is required and what we’re looking for
- You are a highly motivated recent university graduate with a Bachelor in Laws (preferred - either alone, or in conjunction with other degrees). Business Administration or Accounting and Finance graduates will also be considered
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Chinese (either Mandarin or Cantonese)
- You are a self-starter who is ready to grow and challenge yourself working in a fast-paced fintech company
- You possess a growth mindset and you are intellectually curious, with the passion and ambition to build a virtual bank with love together
- You are a team player, resourceful, solution-oriented and collaborative
- You have strong written and verbal communications, analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary
- Learning and development stipend, because we value lifelong learning and believe the best way to invest in our employees is to encourage them to continue to learn
- Work hard and laugh lots (chicken wings and french toast, etc.) with a high-performing, fun and diverse team
- Weekly afternoon teas and fully stocked fridge
- Coffee stipend
- Conveniently located office surrounded by diverse and delicious lunch options
- Lively office with gaming consoles and a ping pong table
- Fun extracurricular activities with your colleagues like hiking, yoga, badminton, wine tasting, dragon boat racing, rock climbing, etc.
- Employee referral bonuses
Awards & recognition:
- Financial Times (FT) 2020 Asia-Pacific High-Growth Companies – #2 ranked company
- 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50 List – #11, only company included from Hong Kong and just one of five from Asia
We offer competitive salary package to the successful candidate. If you are interested in joining this exciting team, please apply with resume via the "Apply" button.
All information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment purposes only. Information of unsuccessful applicants will be destroyed within 24 months of receipt.